On the 5th of December, Maria Zedda, Wideaware’s Director of Training delivered a workshop for Business Link London to business women interested in learning how to make their business more inclusive to disabled customers.
Annually, in the UK alone, between 50-70 billion pounds of disabled people’s disposable income goes unspent because of inaccessible facilities and businesses. Maria’s practical workshop demonstrated how to make your business more accessible at little or no cost.
We’ve received fantastic feedback from the participants and Business Link representatives are going to ask Wideaware to present more workshops early in 2008.
Topics of the workshop included:
- the social model of disability and explain its relevance to the way you provide services
- The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and the Disability Equality Duty (DED)
- Barriers faced by people with disabilities when attempting to access business services
- Strategies to increase the number of people with disabilities that you work with
- Disability etiquette and how to best provide inclusive customer service.
Maria Zedda delivered a workshop for Business Link London to business women interested in making their business more inclusive for disabled customers.